Mark Hamill has a lot to be excited about. Not only did the BluRay release of the “Complete Star Wars Trilogy” break all records, but he also celebrates his 60th birthday this week, too. Mark Hamill is probably best known for his portrayal of Luke Skywalker in the original “Star Wars” trilogy, but he as also made quite a name for himself as a voiceover actor portraying the voice of The Joker in Batman: The Animated Series, as well as notable work in Metalocalypse and The Boondocks on Cartoon Network’s Adult Swim. So as he’s advancing in years, how does he stay so strong in the force? Here are some things Mark Hamill should be doing and you can do, too!
- Apples: The polyphenol antioxidants in apples might be able to slow down the aging process.
- Carrots are high in carotenoids. An association has been shown that people who have a dietary intake high in carotenoids may live longer.
- Vitamin E, vitamin C and selenium are also antioxidants that may help slow the aging process. You can find vitamin E in vegetable oils, wheat germ oil and sunflower seeds. Get your vitamin C in tomatoes, strawberries, and of course, citrus fruits. Selenium is rich in whole grains and seafood.
- Eat foods high in fiber, especially in your later years, to help reduce high cholesterol, diabetes, constipation and diverticulitis. Make sure to increase your water intake along with the fiber to keep everything moving.
- Get your body moving. Vigorous exercise at least three times per week (if your doc says it’s okay) can also help your body last longer.
Diet and exercise are essential to the aging process; be sure to consult with your doctor before starting any new diet or exercise regime. With proper nutrition and exercise, who knows, you might even outlive Yoda!